Volunteer Application – Liability Release
GET INVOLVED — VOLUNTEER WITH GVPA
Would you like to help save lives of companion animals in our community?
GVPA is seeking volunteers with the following skills and interests:
- Writing: grant writing, promotions, public service announcements, program development
- Computer: managing internet sites (ie: Petfinders), social media (ie: twitter, fb)
- Artistic/Creative: advertising, social marketing, logo enhancement
- Organizational: office, shelters, fundraising, program development, TNR
- Shelter Cleaning: much needed at all volunteer run shelters
- Animal behavior: socializing at shelters, adoptions, improving shelter life, TNR
- People Skills: adoptions, phone, PR, fundraising, program development
Leadership: lead subcommittees and/or volunteer teams, fundraising
We invite you to share your ideas and energy toward this dynamic and rewarding cause. You are welcome to attend our monthly open meetings. They are currently held at the Church of the Nativity located at 2175 Broadway in Grand Junction, on the third Wednesday of every month from 4:30 – 6:00 PM.
Responsibility for My Own Acts and Omissions. I hereby agree to be legally and financially responsible and will indemnify and hold Grand Valley Pets Alive harmless for my own acts and omissions relating to the service I am voluntarily providing to Grand Valley Pets Alive. I acknowledge that I am responsible for providing my own medical, liability, and auto insurance during my volunteer service. I understand that I am not covered by workers’ compensation nor insured by Grand Valley Pets Alive during the performance of my volunteer duties and tasks, including when driving a vehicle or transporting
Assumption of Risk. I am voluntarily participating in the activities of Grand Valley Pets Alive with full knowledge of the risks and dangers involved and hereby agree to accept any and all risks of injury, death, or damage to myself and/or my personal property. As a volunteer, I may come into contact with and interact with animals, and such work entails risk of personal injury due to proximity to animals, dangerous equipment, driving, and other considerations. These include, but are not limited to, being bitten, kicked, clawed, tripped, and possibly exposed to zoonotic
Photo, Video and Audio Release. I understand that as a volunteer of Grand Valley Pets Alive, I may be recorded on film, video or other electronic recorded images or other media recordings of my name and likeness (“A-V Recordings”) for any purpose related to furtherance of the objectives of Grand Valley Pets Alive, including use in GVPA media properties such as website and social media. In particular, I grant Grand Valley Pets Alive permission to copyright and use, reuse, publish, and republish A-V Recordings, without restriction as to changes or aIterations, for art, advertising, trade, or any other purpose. Further, I understand that all work product I create in my capacity as a volunteer for Grand Valley Pets Alive will be the property of Grand Valley Pets Alive and that Grand Valley Pets Alive will have the sole right to use, sell, license, publish, or transfer any such work product, in any and all media formats, including print, mechanical and electronic formats. I will disclose any such work product to Grand Valley Pets Alive and assign all rights thereto to Grand Valley Pets Alive.
7. Release. As consideration for being permitted by Grand Valley Pets Alive to participate in activities and provide Services, I hereby agree that I, my assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, and legal representatives will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of Grand Valley Pets Alive for injury or damage resulting from any act, omission, negligence or other acts, howsoever caused, by any volunteer, agent, contractor, or representative of Grand Valley Pets Alive as a result of my participation in activities and performance of the Services and any A-V Recordings